23 Things I've Learned in 23 Years
Now that I’m 23 I think I have at least… 23 THOUSAND lessons that I’ve learned throughout my life. I initially wanted to create a video after seeing Aja Dang’s “30 Things I’ve Learned in 30 Years” and Cassey of Blogilates’ “20 Things I Learned in my 20s”. Buuuut the perfectionist in me told me my video was bleh. However, a blog post would be a good substitute to sharing my 23 lessons. :) Let’s get started! These lessons are in no particular order.
1. Target’s dollar section is literally a little slice of heaven on earth. (my love for Tarjay is 1st on the list…priorities, man)
2. Don’t rush and never settle. If it’s meant to be, it will be.
3. It’s very important to find time to spend with your friends, especially after high school or college.
4. Always make fun of yourself; don’t be afraid to be a kid at heart.
5. Don’t be so hard on yourself; give yourself some credit.
6. If you can’t stop thinking about it, don’t stop working for it.
7. You can never have enough boba!
8. Also, hands down, Hawaii has the best food everrrr
9. Try your best not to talk about others. What Susie says of Sally says more of Susie than of Sally.
10. Grades and GPA’s DO NOT define your creativity, intelligence, or capability.
11. It’s okay to not have everything figured out. (even at 23)
12. God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers.
13. Finding “the one” is great, but finding yourself is so much better.
14. Buuuut then again, it’s also okay to be a helpless romantic and binge watch wedding proposal videos.
15. Mom’s are always right. ALWAYS.
16. Appreciate all your parents have sacrificed for you.
17. Mascara and MLBB lipsticks are your best friends.
18. Sometimes all you need is a good nap.
19. You may have had unfair things happen to you, but the depth of your pain is an indication of the height of your future.
20. To anyone that disrespects you…#boy bye
21. Dream big, start small.
22. I am so so blessed to have grown up in this beautiful place called Hawaii.
23. Look back at how far you’ve come and appreciate the thousands of lessons you learned.